How to Care for Your End Grain Cutting Board
Recommended clean-up after each use:
- Wipe off your slicing wire with a damp cloth.
- If dry-cutting vegetables, herbs, etc., wipe your board with a damp cloth and towel dry.
- If cutting aromatic vegetables, such as onions, garlic, jalapeno peppers, etc. use a mild dish detergent, spray off the soap with water, and towel dry. If the smell from the aromatics persists, then repeat.
- If cutting meat, spray off meat juice/blood and use a mild dish detergent, spray off the soap with water, and towel dry.
Recommended general care tips:
- Your board has a mineral oil finish and a beeswax polish. If your board appears dry, spread a layer of mineral oil on it (available at most grocery/drug stores).
- Never put your board in the dishwasher.
- For best results, do not soak your cutting board in the dish water.